Swelling with gout is an alarm. It indicates inflammation of the joint and its possible destruction. First aid for gouty swelling comes down to a decrease in the inflammatory process and pain. To reduce the swelling, you can use both medicines and folk remedies.
Read this also:
Swelling with gout appears due to the abuse of purine-rich foods. This is meat and fish. Together with edema, the swollen place turns red, body temperature may increase, and the diseased joint will hurt. The attack increases in the late afternoon, becomes unbearable.
Uric acid salts are deposited in the joints for the following reasons:
- abuse of meat, fish and alcohol;
- metabolic disease;
- excess weight;
The treatment of gout makes it difficult and the patient’s well-being worsens diabetes, hypertension and high cholesterol.
How to relieve swelling?
You can remove the tumors at home, the main thing is to know what remedies are effective in this case. Together with the use of medicines or folk remedies, the following recommendations must be observed:
- Provide a patient limb complete rest, adhere to bed rest.
- Observe drinking regimen, drink at least 2.5 liters of fluid. Alkaline drinks, such as mineral water, lemon juice, oats decoction, as well as milk and sour milk drinks, are useful.
- Adhere to a diet, give up alcohol and foods that contain purines. Eat fresh fruits and berries, liquid cereals.
- Do exercises.
- Get rid of excess weight.
First aid for an attack
A gouty attack is accompanied by severe pain, so you need to act quickly. An ice pack will help relieve swelling with gout. The ice must be wrapped in tissue, then applied to the diseased joint for 10-20 minutes. Compress will relieve swelling and pain.
During an attack, until the painful sensations completely disappear, it is necessary to abandon animal proteins.
How to relieve swelling around the joint with medication? Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, for example, Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Nimesulide, Indomethacin, remove swelling and pain.
To get rid of puffiness, local preparations should also be used. Warming ointments, for example, based on dimexide, Vishnevsky liniment, Fullflex, are suitable. Local remedies should be used simultaneously with systemic painkillers.
You can not drink Aspirin.
Effective in the fight against gout iodine. It reduces the inflammatory process and, as a consequence, swelling in the joint area. Baths need to be done like this:
- In 5 l of warm water (temperature not exceeding 30 ° C) add 15 drops of iodine and 2.5 tbsp. l soda.
- Keep your feet in the bath for 20 minutes.
Repeat the procedure daily until gouty swelling disappears.
- Tincture from the roots of a wrestler. It not only removes edema but also promotes the removal of uric acid salts from the body. To prepare the infusion, pour 100 g of the roots of 1 liter of vodka. Insist 3-4 days in a dark but warm place. Ready tincture rub rubbed joints once a day. The approximate dose is 1 tsp. After grinding, the joint must be wrapped with a warm cloth.
- Chamomile broth. 100 g of flowers need to pour 10 liters of boiling water, leave for 15 minutes. Cool slightly and add 200 g of salt. Do the baths for 20-30 minutes.
- Lilac tincture. Fill a half-liter jar with flowers and pour 60% alcohol. Insist a month, drink 30 drops 3 times a day.A tincture can be used as a means for grinding.
You can reduce the frequency of attacks if you follow these preventive measures:
- The diseased limb must not be overloaded. In order for her to relax faster after a hard day, she needs to be held in a raised state for up to 30 minutes.
- It is necessary to get rid of excess weight, as this is an additional load on the legs.
- Maintain a balanced diet. Refuse fatty and high-calorie foods.
- To speed up the excretion of uric acid salts from the body, you need to drink at least 2.5 liters of fluid daily. During an attack, the volume of fluid consumed should be increased to 3 liters.
- Use vitamin and mineral complexes.
- Refuse treatment with drugs that contain aspirin.
Such measures will reduce the likelihood of attacks, but they will not relieve gout. In the treatment of the disease, you need to take an integrated approach.
Gout is a serious illness that can lead to disability. Swelling can be removed at home, but you must consult a doctor.
Read this also:
- Does smoking affect gout?
- How to remove uric acid with herbal remedies?
- 12 natural remedies to combat Gout
You may also like this: