Learn in the following article a natural muscle relaxant for Fibromyalgia that you can prepare at home.
Learn how fibromyalgia muscle aches occur, the causes, characteristics of pain, the benefits of this muscle relaxant, its recipe and how to control your fibromyalgia naturally.
1. Causes of development of muscle pain
According to a study conducted at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, fibromyalgia is a multifactorial disease. One of the causes of fibromyalgia is deregulation of neurotransmitters and sensitization to central pain.
According to another study conducted at the University of Florida College of Medicine, the central nervous system nociceptive pathways are processed abnormally in fibromyalgia patients.
Nociceptive pathways are those that allow stimuli to be processed that are harmful to tissues.
This explains why fibromyalgia patients are more sensitive to pain.
When a person with fibromyalgia receives the same stimulus as a healthy person, the subsequent sensation has greater magnitude and lasts longer.
Read this also:
- Fibromyalgia: Miraculous Remedy for Fibromyalgia from Epsom salt!
- The 3 best natural treatments to eliminate your fibromyalgia pains
- How sugar triggers and complicates fibromyalgia symptoms
2. Characteristics of pain
Muscle aches in fibromyalgia according to a study conducted at Hospital Clínic de Barcelona, are generalized musculoskeletal, that is, they are experienced on both sides of the body, above and below the waist.
Fibromyalgia is chronic, which means that symptoms are present most days for at least 3 months.
It is during this time that the pain will spread. Patients describe the pain with statements such as “Everything hurts” or “it’s as if I always had the flu.”
People with fibromyalgia report that they have pain in muscles, tendons, ligament or joints, but do not have abnormal skin pain.
Fibromyalgia symptoms are manifestations of muscle pain throughout the body that occur after an initial trigger point such as headache and morning stiffness.
3. Benefits of natural relaxing tea
3.1. Relieves Muscle Tension
Chamomile, according to a study conducted at Mashhad University, is useful for reducing symptoms of tension that is expressed as a burning sensation, heaviness in the body and non-restorative sleep.
According to another study conducted at Shangrao Normal University, licorice has the ability to inhibit fatigue, which helps to relax muscles and improve the well-being of people with fibromyalgia.
The main component of licorice root is glabridin and also has other components such as triterpenes and flavonoids.
3.2. Anti-inflammatory and Analgesic
These medicinal properties present in chamomile flowers relax the muscles naturally by their contribution of Matrixine, Chamazulen, Apigenin, and Bisabolol.
These substances inhibit the formation of inflammatory substances, which favors the reduction of muscle pain.
Thanks to the main component, glabridin, licorice, prevents people with fibromyalgia from experiencing muscle fatigue.
3.3. It enhances sleep quality
According to another study at the University of Missouri, chamomile improves sleep quality by acting on phase 4 of sleep. Adequate rest helps relieve the pain the next day.
If you have alterations of phase 4 of the dream in addition to the pain you can present fatigue, depression and lack of interest in the things that you liked before or of having contact with other people.
This effect of licorice to improve sleep in people with fibromyalgia is due to the presence of Glabrol that modulates GABA receptors.
4. Chamomile and Licorice Tea Recipe
To prepare this muscle relaxant recipe, you will need:
- 2 tablespoons chamomile flowers
- 1 licorice root or 1 small teaspoon of natural organic powder
- ½ liter of drinking water
- Boil the chamomile and licorice flowers together with the water until you notice that it boils and changes the color of the water.
- Remove from heat, let stand and strain.
- You can enjoy after a few seconds of rest or let cool and drink like chamomile water and licorice.
- Drink chamomile tea before bed for a relaxing effect and improve pain the next day.
If you have insomnia you can combine tea with other medicinal plants for fibromyalgia or accompany it with a diet with a high healing capacity to control pain and other symptoms of fibromyalgia.
Read this also:
- 3 Medicinal Plants for Fibromyalgia
- 3 foods for Fibromyalgia that you should eat!
- 5 Prohibited Foods for Fibromyalgia
You may also like this: