Gout – a disease that occurs against a background of impaired metabolism, which entails the deposition of uric acid salts in the joint structure. An increased concentration of uric acid in the blood (hyperuricemia) is a consequence of an increase in its production by the body or a decrease in its output by the kidneys.
How to remove uric acid from the body with gout using medications and alternative medicine prescriptions?
Before taking measures to reduce the volume of uric acid, it is important to understand what it is and what role it plays in the body. This component is the result of the breakdown of proteins and purines.
Its synthesis is carried out in the liver and with the coordinated work of all organs and systems, the acid balance is independently regulated by excretion through the kidneys. The maximum uric acid content provides the formation of sodium urate.
With the deposition of urate salts, there is a risk of developing conditions such as:
- Arthritis, including rheumatoid;
- Muscle and joint pain.
The optimal uric acid content in the body of an adult patient is 150 – 350 μmol / L, in the blood of a child – 120 – 320 μmol / L. Therefore, the approximation of indicators to the upper mark of the norm serves as a signal about the need to contact a competent specialist who will advise with what means to reduce its number.
Reasons for increased concentration
Gout can develop against the background of pathologies such as:
- Psoriasis or eczema;
- Diseases of the liver and urinary tract;
- Lesch syndrome – Nayhan.
Hyperuricemia may result from malnutrition:
- Hard diets or fasting;
- Frequent use of fatty foods, beer drinks;
- Excessive consumption of yeast and protein products;
- Excessive amounts of oxalates and fructose in daily food (grapes, spinach, berries and fruits, tomatoes, sugar beets, and coffee).
The appearance of gout in a pregnant woman can be observed against the background of severe toxicosis or gestosis.
Uric acid excretion
From what the purine content is increased and how to effectively remove uric acid is of interest to all patients without exception who suffer from this disease. In this situation, you should trust a specialist who will accurately identify the causes of the disease, analyze the symptoms and exclude a genetic predisposition.
If upon repeated donation of blood for biochemical examination, the patient still exhibits an elevated level of uric acid, then measures must be taken to reduce it. To begin with, the doctor will advise you to adhere to proper nutrition with the refusal of foods that differ in the ultimate level of purines.
Then the patient is prescribed certain diuretics. With this ailment, folk remedies have proven themselves well, which should not be neglected in this situation.
The use of medications is considered the main and extremely necessary stage in the treatment of gout. Since the main source of increasing uric acid indicators are impaired functioning of the kidneys, which slow down the release of salts from the body, doctors recommend the use of drugs of two drug groups.
These drugs differ in the mechanism of exposure:
- Uricosuric preparations providing the quickest elimination of excess salts from the body. The main indication for their use are renal, as well as mixed gouty types. Most often prescribed drugs such as Probenecid, Sulfinpyrazone. The use of drugs insufficient dosage rather quickly stabilizes the concentration ability of uric acid in blood plasma;
- Uricodepressive drugs that regulate the formation of salts. Their use guarantees a slowdown in the decay of purine bases to the final components, eliminating hyperuricemia. Thiopurinol, Allopurinol, Allomaron, Orotic acid, and Hepatocatalase are included in this group. Drugs are usually prescribed for gout, urolithiasis, chemotherapy for malignant processes since they effectively reduce the level of uric acid in the joints and tissues of the body.
Only a doctor can choose the optimal scheme of drug exposure, based on various laboratory and instrumental studies, visual examination of the patient.
The purpose of the diet is to reduce the concentration of salts in the body and preventtheir further formation. Nutritional recommendations are to abstain from eating foods with critical levels of purine and oxalic acid.
It is important to adhere to four meals a day using the following dishes:
- Milk soups, as well as vegetarian;
- Bakery products without muffin;
- Dairy products;
- Boiled meat and fish of low-fat varieties;
- Vegetables in various forms of heat treatment;
- Zucchini caviar, vegetable stew;
- Fruit and berry salads;
- Useful sweets (dried fruits, marshmallows, candy, jelly).
It is forbidden to eat foods, including:
- Concentrated broths of fish, meat, mushrooms;
- Offal (sausages, smoked meats, canned products);
- Spinach, legumes, sorrel;
- Salted cheese;
- Cranberry fruit;
- Mustard and horseradish, spicy spices;
- Strong coffee/tea, cocoa.
A set of special exercises is recommended for gout and an increased volume in the body of urates because gymnastics will not allow the articular and muscle fibers to stagnate. Active movements accelerate metabolic processes, normalizing the condition and developing articular joints.
It is important not only to apply therapeutic loads but also to select them based on various individual indicators of the body.
Of course, performing only gymnastic exercises will not have the desired effect. However, taking care of your health is to prevent exacerbation in the presence of some pathologies.
Alternative medicine prescriptions are used as a preventive measure, or as an addition to the main therapy. The attending physician should be informed about the use of “grandmother’s” recipes since the necessary treatment will be prescribed on the basis of folk remedies.
The following recipes are allowed as additional support for the body:
- Nettle juice (fresh). 1 tsp squeezed juice to take before breakfast;
- Birch decoction. A tablespoon of crushed leaves pour a glass of boiling water. Simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes, then insist for an hour. Drink a quarter cup at each meal;
- Lingonberry broth. 30 gr pour cranberry leaf with 1.5 cups boiling water, let it brew for 45 – 60 minutes. According to 1 tbsp. l eat before meals;
- Unopened fir cones are poured with 2.5 glasses of hot water and insist 12 hours. The resulting composition should be taken three times a day before the main meals. The recipe has worthily proven itself as a means to cleanse blood vessels;
- Rice cereal porridge. 3 tbsp. l Rinse thoroughly and pour 50 ml of water, leave for 12 – 15 hours. After this time, rinse the rice and put on a slow fire to boil, then rinse and cook again. Repeat the procedure twice. Ready to eat rice without oil and salt, do not drink liquids for 3 – 5 hours. Cook and eat porridge for a month daily;
- Baths with camomile. 100 g of plant flowers mixed with 10 g of salt pour 7 – 10 liters of hot water. Give a little infusion and take in the form of a bath;
- Herbal baths. In equal parts, take the flowers of calendula, sage, chamomile and oak bark to get 250 g of raw material at the output. Mix thoroughly and fill the collection with two liters of boiling water. In a closed enameled container, insist for 2 to 3 hours. Pour the resulting broth into a basin with water at a temperature of 35 degrees and immerse the limbs (keep in water to a temperature of 25 degrees). The procedure is performed daily for 15 days with a similar break, then repeat the course again.
These methods prevent its subsequent production in excess. The main thing to realize is that if uric acid is elevated with gout, treatment should begin as soon as possible.
Read this also:
you may also like this: