Diet for gout for a week is intended for patients who have an increased content of uric acid in the blood. Urate is a normal component of the blood, and a problem occurs when its amount exceeds normal values. When it comes to this, urate crystals are deposited around the joints and in the same joints the patients feel pain, the joints turn red and swell.
There seems to be a lot of confusion and myths about the ideal gout diet on the net and in the media, as well as among doctors, healthcare providers and nutritionists, so they were going to try and set a record right on what you should eat if you want to lower uric acid levels, avoiding painful attacks of gout. Do not expect good health to come in capsule form. Remember that kidney function is reduced because prescribed medications cause 20% of cases of kidney failure. Prescription pills simply treat symptoms.
Gout Diet for a Week
- Breakfast: fresh cheese, a slice of whole-grain bread, fresh juice.
- Lunch: carrot or apple compote soup.
- Dinner: porridge with non-fat milk, pears.
- Breakfast: black coffee, a slice of whole-grain bread and an apple.
- Lunch: soup, creamy – broccoli soup, young zucchini with eggs.
- Dinner: low-fat cheese, tomato salad, apple.
- Breakfast: hard-boiled eggs, a piece of whole-grain bread and tea.
- Lunch: soup with semolina dumplings with finely chopped leaf parsley, whole pasta with tomato sauce, a double serving of salad.
- Dinner: corn porridge with kefir.
- Breakfast: a piece of bread, an orange.
- Lunch: soup, cakes with cheese, salad.
- Dinner: fruit salad of oranges, pears, and apples.
- Breakfast: scrambled eggs with fresh peppers and tomatoes, sifted bread and mineral water.
- Lunch: tomato soup, mashed potatoes with stewed eggplant, salad.
- Dinner: salad, beets, a slice of bread and lemon juice.
- Breakfast: tomato juice, a slice of fresh low-fat cheese and sifted bread.
- Lunch: mashed soup with salad, brown rice with vegetables and low-fat cheese, orange juice or mineral water.
- Dinner: fried peppers, boiled potatoes, tomato sauce, stewed pears.
- Breakfast: apple pie and carrot juice.
- Lunch: soup with mashed potatoes, salad, pancakes stuffed with apples or plums.
- Dinner: prune dumplings with milk, lemon juice or mineral water.
As can be seen from the above diet plan, we should note that the gout diet for a week is mainly based on low purine foods.
Tea for gout.
Tea from the following herbs: chamomile, dandelion, horsetail and peppermint tea, is effective against gout. A moderate intake of nettle tincture of 1 teaspoon per day is also recommended.
10 steps to an optimized diet for gout
1. Limit meat, poultry, fish, and nuts to 10% of your daily protein calories. Remember to strictly avoid seafood.
2. Limit cheese, milk, butter, eggs, yogurt, mainly your fat intake to 10% of your daily fat calories. Saturated fat reduces the body’s ability to eliminate uric acid and contributes to obesity-associated with gout.
3. Limit sugar to 25 mg per day and avoid foods sweetened with high fructose corn syrup.
4. Drink plenty of water.
5. Limit alcohol consumption.
6. Also limit animal-based foods such as sauce, stock, and chicken soup, even jelly.
7. Choose 80% of your daily calories as complex carbohydrates in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, whole-wheat pasta, rice, and avoid simple or refined carbohydrates like white bread, cakes, and sweets. In fact, a low purine diet is very important for a gout sufferer; the most purine foods are obviously meat.
8. Avoid eating fried and processed foods, it will not only increase uric acid levels but also increase the number of free radicals that also cause other diseases.
9. Do not forget to eat everything fresh and organic, preferably grown in your area.
10. Change the oil to olive oil when cooking, baking and salad dressings; add it to a paste or baked potato, because it is the only exception for fats, and it reduces your uric acid. This oil lowers blood pressure and cholesterol, increases the level of good cholesterol, does the opposite of other oils and lowers blood sugar, so naturally, it is good for diabetics and prevents heart disease and even gout. Make sure extra virgin olive oil. A diet for gout for a week and the above steps are an excellent remedy for gout attacks.
Gout and meat
Today, where cancer, gout, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, arthrosis, and other diseases are very high compared to more than 100 years ago. Then the diet of people consisted of food mainly from carbohydrates and food was mostly cleanly burned through the digestive system. Meat was less consumed, and it is currently apparently consumed daily; some people consume it in all three daily meals. Fat and blood from meat are concentrate that the body cannot tolerate in large quantities. When we digest them, we produce so much waste that even our kidneys with excess capacity cannot handle them properly and that leads to diseases such as gout. The problem is that we consume too much fat, about 40% – 50%, this should stop,
This does not mean that you should not eat meat if you make sure that it is clean meat with removed fat, mostly lean. And preferably cooked over a fire or on a barbecue, where any fat is burned. Tip – eat red meat no more than twice a week if you suffer from gout. Beef, lamb, goat, rabbit, and deer are good meat, and meat usually makes up 70% to 75% of its calories in the form of fat. You need protein from meat to restore muscle, but you do not need to eat in huge quantities.
The need for more protein is exaggerated, especially in advertising, and many athletes believe that eating more protein is better. When we eat too much protein, its metabolism produces ammonia, urea and other waste products that consume seven to eight times more water to be washed through the kidneys than carbohydrates.
Pork should be avoided at all costs since the animal is a scavenger, and its role in nature is to eat trash, so avoid bacon, ham, sausages, pork chops, which can harm your health. Limit your intake of red meat, fish is your best source of protein, it is low in fat, and it has a lot of omega 3 oils, which helps raise your good cholesterol and lower your bad cholesterol. Eat fish 2-3 times a week, and yes, there are some purines, but this is only moderate and, more importantly, you need fish in your diet. Only if you have severe gout and extremely high uric acid should you remove it from your diet. You can eat chicken, preferably chicken breast, which contains 15% of its calories in the form of fat. Do not touch the meat of organs
Today’s animal meat is full of growth hormones, antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, high levels of adrenaline and other toxic chemicals from air and soil pollution. All of these compounds are considered carcinogenic or cause cancer. Today, more cancer is found in cows, pigs, and chickens than ever before. Thus, your kidneys must work overtime to handle all this garbage. Many farmers grind their sick and dying cows, pigs and chickens and mix this “dead” often “sick” meat with conventional animal feed. This leads to a “crazy cow” disease. This is now observed, especially in Europe, where they feed the dead meat of sheep to live cows. Diet for gout for a week see above.