How to use seaweed for gout treatment?
Gout is a serious joint disease that requires complex therapy. In addition to taking medications, the patient needs to rationally organize food and follow a strict diet. However, some foods can not only diversify the diet, but also have a healing effect. Using seaweed for gout can alleviate the condition and improve the patient’s quality of life.
Benefit and harm
Kelp is the most popular seaweed, which has valuable nutritional and healing qualities. It contains a large amount of vitamins A, C, D, E, PP, group B. Seaweed is rich in zinc, selenium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium, copper, but above all it serves as a source of natural iodine, which is necessary for the full functioning of the human body …
Algae also contains a lot of glutamic acids, which activates the activity of the central nervous system, which is important for people with severe chronic diseases, including gout.
Polyunsaturated fatty acids and fat-soluble vitamins, which are rich in seaweed, prevent the deposition of uric acid crystals in the joints, remove urates from the body, help strengthen the circulatory system, and have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Regular consumption of seaweed helps regulate blood cholesterol levels.
- Kelp contains a substance called laminin, which has the ability to normalize blood pressure.
- Kelp has been shown to promote weight loss, which is important for gout sufferers. Once in the stomach, algae create a feeling of fullness for a long time, so the feeling of hunger does not bother for several hours.
However, in some cases, seaweed can be harmful:
- It should not be eaten by those who are allergic to iodine. Kelp should not be eaten by pregnant women suffering from rhinitis, acne, furunculosis.
- The number of people who are not recommended to include these algae in their diet include: those suffering from tuberculosis, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in the acute stage, hemorrhoids and any kidney disease.
Therefore, before you start treating gout with seaweed, you need to make sure that there are no contraindications for its use.
- Methods and regimens for effective treatment of gout
- Gout flares: low-dose colchicine no better than naproxen, but more costly in CONTACT trial
- Swelling with gout: how to get rid of them?
We include a valuable product in the diet
First of all, the menu should include dishes made from fresh or frozen kelp. You can buy it at any supermarket and cook it yourself. In a boiled form, it retains a maximum of useful substances. You can eat seaweed as a separate dish and add it to various salads and soups.
- If it is not possible to buy frozen kelp, you can use dry kelp, which is sold in pharmacies, instead. It should be soaked overnight and used as fresh in the morning.
- If your kitchen has a bread maker, you can make bread with healing effects by adding 0.4 mg of dry algae powder per kg of baked goods.
- If it is not possible to eat natural kelp as often as possible, experts recommend purchasing a special powder at the pharmacy, which is prepared from dried seaweed. It is bred in a proportion of 0.5 tbsp. l. 1 glass of warm water, let it stand for a while and drink the entire volume in the morning on an empty stomach. The course of treatment is at least 14 days, after 1–2 weeks it can be repeated.
- It has been established that for medicinal purposes with gout, it is enough to eat 2 tsp per day. dry kelp or 150-200 g boiled in the form of soups and salads.
- You can prepare an infusion from the sheets of kelp, contributing to weight loss and getting rid of hunger. Pour fresh seaweed in a small amount with cold water and leave for 24 hours. Drink the product in several sips when you feel like eating, and the feeling of hunger should recede.
Simple recipes for every day
- An uncomplicated seaweed salad. Rinse fresh kelp, boil in slightly salted water until tender, cut into slices. Add a small amount of onions, season with vegetable oil. You can complicate the salad by adding fresh grated carrots, bell peppers, and woody mushrooms to taste.
- Crumble a hard-boiled chicken or quail egg into boiled cabbage, season with 1–2 tsp. sour cream or any vegetable oil. ‘
- Light soup with seaweed. Put diced potatoes in boiling water, cook until half cooked. Add a few tablespoons of oatmeal, bring to a boil and put boiled or canned kelp in the almost finished soup. Separately make a dressing of onions and carrots fried in vegetable oil. Put the sautéed dish in the soup and bring to a boil. Serve with half a hard-boiled egg or sour cream.
- Wash apples and cucumbers, peel, cut into strips, and combine with pre-soaked and chopped seaweed. Salt to taste and season the salad with low-fat sour cream.
Better to limit your intake of pickled kelp
Despite the fact that kelp brings undoubted benefits to the body with gout, when using it, you need to follow some precautions.
First of all, this concerns the choice of cabbage. People with gout should not include industrially prepared pickled kelp in their diet. This food contains too much vinegar, which is harmful to digestion. In addition, a large amount of salt and food additives are added to pickled kelp. Therefore, this product not only does not benefit the body, but is also harmful to it.
Canned kelp salads can be eaten for gout, but in limited quantities. They may also have increased salt content, but this product is less harmful for people with gout. To neutralize excess salt, canned cabbage is best added to soups.
Therefore, it is optimal to include in the diet fresh kelp, boiled in water with a small amount of salt or even without it, or a dried version of algae.
The benefits of seaweed for the body
- normalization of the thyroid gland in case of endemic goiter, hypothyroidism,
- restoring the correct metabolism – this low-calorie plant 24.9 kcal / 100 g, causes a feeling of satiety, contributing to weight loss)
- to lower the level of low-density cholesterol and treat vascular atherosclerosis,
- for the treatment of chronic constipation (kelp absorbs water and increases in volume, irritates the receptors of the intestinal mucosa, thereby increasing reflex peristalsis and bowel emptying), supports the motility of the gastrointestinal tract,
- alginates remove excess fluid, pectin cleanses the gastrointestinal tract from toxins and toxins, improves immunity, restoring intestinal function,
- externally, kelp strengthens the structure of cells, stimulates their recovery, makes the skin clean and elastic, relieves swelling, inflammation,
- fights cellulite and skin aging.
- 1 teaspoon of dry kelp powder is poured with 1 glass of boiling water, and then infused. Drink infusion of kelp, 1/3 cup 3 times a day.
- for a stronger effect, pour 3 tablespoons with 1 liter of boiling water, let it brew overnight, strain the kelp in the morning. The liquid can be consumed little by little inside (3 tablespoons 3 times a day), and the cabbage can be eaten with breakfast in the form of a salad.
- the frequency of cesarean section decreases,
- no effect on maternal blood pressure,
- no toxic effects on mother and fetus.
- painful sensations of a woman, (small spotting, a feeling of heaviness, pulling pains, for any discomfort, inform the doctor)
- may be premature rupture of amniotic fluid,
- any infectious diseases of the reproductive system are a contraindication for the use of kelp sticks.
- Kelp is used in the form of a face mask: 1 tablespoon of kelp powder is poured with 4 tablespoons of hot water, after 15 minutes add 1 tablespoon of sour cream, the contents of 2 Aevit capsules. Mix. Apply to face for 20 minutes.
- A mask with kelp will help to shine hair and remove “fluffiness”: boil 1 liter of water, add 1 tablespoon of dry kelp powder to it, boil for 5 minutes, let it brew, drain. Wet clean, washed hair with kelp infusion, wrap it up, wait 30 minutes, rinse with clean water.
- To get rid of wrinkles on the face, especially around the eyes: pour 4 teaspoons of dry kelp powder with 6 tablespoons of boiling water, leave for 15 minutes, add 1 teaspoon of honey to them, mix. Apply to face for 20 minutes. Wash off.
- A full body wrap procedure, including the face, improves the appearance of the skin in the place of stretch marks, cellulite crust, makes the skin healthy, elastic, clean. Dilute the powder 1: 4 with boiling water, let it swell and infuse for 40 minutes. After that, the mixture is evenly applied to the skin. Full body application will take about 40 minutes. Then wrap with cling film, wrap yourself in a blanket, after 20 minutes wash the body with warm clean water, grease with a light cream.
- For the same purpose, baths are made before bedtime. 200 grams of dry kelp is poured with 5 liters of boiling water, let it brew for 40 minutes, filter into the bath, adding water + 40 degrees, take a bath for 25 minutes. Then rinse with clean water. Practice the bath every other day for no more than 1 month. This procedure gives a feeling of relaxation, relaxation.
- Should we give up alcohol if you have gout
- Exacerbation of Gout: Fighting an Attack
- Does smoking affect gout?