Meet a miraculous remedy for fibromyalgia, Epsom salts, a home remedy to relieve your pain in just 10 minutes.
If you have fibromyalgia you will know that the pains are invasive to the point that you do not have the desire or energy to move from the bed.
You will have forgotten what it means to have a moment of tranquility because your pain is constant, you have contractures and stiffness.
These symptoms occur because of a deficiency of magnesium according to various studies as we will mention below.
1. Magnesium deficiency in fibromyalgia
According to the Journal of Nutrition and Environmental Medicine, patients with fibromyalgia have low levels of magnesium, a problem that is recognized as correctable.
The same relationship evidenced a study conducted at the University of Baghdad, in which they found that the deficiency affects muscle contraction and relaxation.
Magnesium deficiency occurs because of stress and people with fibromyalgia have a chronic response to stress.
This is why the person with fibromyalgia does not enjoy a relaxed body at any time of the day.
In this scenario, Epsom salts are an alternative to resolve magnesium deficiency naturally.
2. Bathrooms with Epsom Salts
According to a study conducted at the University of Birmingham, baths with Epsom salts, which are called magnesium sulfate, allow the absorption of magnesium through the skin
Epsom salts come from a 17th-century mineral compound in a spring in the United Kingdom.
It is discovered by its inhabitants by using them in their bathrooms and observing therapeutic benefits for their health.
Villagers noticed excellent changes such as a decrease in cramps, muscle and headaches and elimination of inflammation.
There have been no complications with the use of salts, they are safe for the kidneys and the body has the ability to remove excess by kidneys.
3. Epsom salt baths for pain
According to a study published in the Pharma Innovation Journal, magnesium from salts is rapidly absorbed, relieves muscle aches and stiffness that occurs in fibromyalgia.
Magnesium blocks NMDA, a neurotransmitter that contributes to pain transmission.
Recall that people with fibromyalgia have a disorder in the central processing of pain.
Epsom salts have the ability to block pain transmission and thus reduce and control pain.
Another benefit of epsom salts in your body is that magnesium is involved in the activation of the B complex, a vitamin-deficient in women with fibromyalgia.
Its activation by bathing naturally balances your body and reduces pain.
4. Epsom Salts and Depression
According to a study published in Psychology Today, magnesium is the mineral responsible for the production of tryptophan in the body.
This is an amino acid that serves as a neurotransmitter of serotonin. Serotonin improves your mood and promotes mental relaxation.
Drinking alcohol or an unbalanced diet reduces magnesium in your body and as a result lower your serotonin levels and your mood is disturbed, you feel sad.
That is why restoring magnesium levels with Epsom salts allows achieving effects similar to antidepressants in this disease.
Thanks to the protection of brain structures that are related to depression.
5. Epsom salts and Sleep
Magnesium reduces insomnia, improves the quality of nighttime sleep, sleep time and the feeling of rest upon waking.
Also, magnesium reduces stress in the body in different ways.
One of these ways is to suppress the ability of the hippocampus to stimulate the release of the hormone ACT.
This promotes the increase of cortisol, the stress hormone, and adrenaline, the danger hormone.
Magnesium also acts on the blood-brain barrier, which prevents the entry of stress hormones into the brain.
Regularly used salts improve nighttime rest and restore your sleep.
6. How to prepare an Epsom salt bath to relieve pain?
- Fill the tub or bathtub with warm water, be careful with the temperature
- Add 4 cups of Epsom salts to the water
- Mix with your hands the salts in the water until the salts dissolve
- Immerse yourself in the tub for 10 to 30 minutes Caution: avoid staying longer than the indicated time to prevent the reabsorption of toxins that have passed from your body to the water thanks to Epsom salts
- Bathe in the shower or shower at the end of the bath in the tub. Caution: if the salt stays longer or is not removed properly it dries and / or hurts your skin. Take special care if you have dry skin due to diabetes, do not stay more than 10 minutes. Likewise, if you have alterations in pressure for a long time in hot water, it reduces blood pressure.
- Repeat the Epsom salt bath between 1 to 3 times a day. Try one of these at night before bed
A specialized diet for fibromyalgia allows you to achieve an adequate supply of magnesium in your diet.
It is advisable to accompany an appropriate diet along with daily baths of Epsom salts to control pain and other fibromyalgia symptoms.