Dare to try this Arthritis Tea Powerful Recipe! with Medicinal Herbs including eucalyptus, mint, cardamom, turmeric, and cloves.
Learn about the Properties of the ingredients and the recipe of this tea to discover how these herbs relieve your suffering from arthritis, slow the progression of this disease and strengthen your defenses.
1. Properties of the ingredients of this Arthritis Tea
1.1. Eucalyptus leaves
According to a study conducted at the University of Padova, eucalyptus leaves are useful for reducing inflammation of the joints throughout the body, thus reducing annoying pain.
In addition, eucalyptus has antioxidant properties, which prevent joint damage and have the ability to improve the immune system, the body’s defense system.
Another study at Korea University showed that eucalyptus, when inhaled, is effective in relieving joint pain by reducing swelling and having a relaxing effect that improves mood.
These favorable results of eucalyptus were achieved at 3 days. The effect achieved in reducing pain is comparable with morphine and without side effects, except allergies and only in sensitive people.
1.2. Mint leaves
According to Tufts University and Yale University, mint leaves, when incorporated into the diet in the form of a tea, as in our recipe, have an analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant capacity.
That is, mint leaves reduce joint pain by acting on the nervous system and decreasing inflammation. They are also effective in improving mobility and preventing joint damage by being antioxidants.
Mint owes its benefits to its composition rich in phytochemicals such as beta carotene or vitamin A and chlorophyll and other antioxidant nutrients such as zinc and copper and its main active substance, menthol.
Also, according to the study, peppermint when combined with eucalyptus, as in herbal tea, is more effective in controlling pain compared to peppermint alone and just as effective as medications.
1.3. Fresh cardamom
Cardamom, a spice native to India, according to Bundelkhand University, is called “queen of the species,” for its broad benefit and integrates the ginger family, a potent anti-inflammatory.
Cardamom brings sweetness and itching and natural fragrances that combine lemon and mint aroma and together contribute to our recipe. In turn, cardamom has antioxidant action in arthritis.
Also, according to an Indian Institute of Spices Research study, cardamom also has aromatic compounds such as ether, 1,8-cineole and esters, and linalyl with anti-inflammatory action.
These compounds, reducing inflammation significantly reduce pain. According to Nandha College, other benefits of cardamom include the relief of fatigue and the improvement of insomnia.
1.4. Fresh and natural turmeric
Turmeric, according to Hoseo University, and published in Alternative Medicine Review, is a bright yellow root that can be acquired as well or as a powder and is known millions of years ago for Ayurveda.
This root has a main ingredient called curcumin that is responsible for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory virtues, that is, it reduces physical discomfort and prevents the disease from progressing.
So high is its effectiveness that it has been postulated that it can replace medications. Specifically, turmeric has been compared with cortisone and phenylbutazone, anti-inflammatory, and it was similar.
Even in high amounts, turmeric is harmless and does not produce side effects, unlike the drugs used in arthritis such as analgesics and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Clove, according to a study at Karpagam University, has an active substance called eugenol, which has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antioxidant, and relaxing properties.
This component present in clove reduced redness, edema and stiffness of the affected joints. The nail also has manganese, an important mineral to strengthen the joints.
This species thanks to the actions mentioned can reduce pain and unlike pain medications, clove does not produce gastric adverse effects such as ulcers.
On the other hand, the nail has the power to strengthen the defense system to cope with the disease, by the presence of the named substance. This also reduces fatigue and anxiety and improves insomnia.
2. Arthritis Tea Recipe
1 cup of water
1 eucalyptus leaf
1 tablespoon mint in leaf
1 peeled cardamom pod
1 pinch of turmeric powder or fresh root
- Place the cup of water or 1 and ½ cup to boil along with the peeled cardamom, turmeric, and cloves for 5 minutes.
- After this time incorporate the eucalyptus leaf and the spoonful of mint leaf.
- Let it boil for at least 3 more minutes
- Serve and let the infusion stand for 3 to 5 minutes and then taste.
- While resting, inhale the aromas that are soothing, reduce fatigue and relieve pain in the body affected by arthritis.
- Despite not using the seeds in our recipe, buy cardamom in pods.
- If you buy it in powder you can fall into the error of acquiring cardamom mixed with other spices.
- On the other hand, do not add more than one clove. Clove has a very intense and invasive taste that will modify the taste of the infusion.
Perhaps you have tried these ingredients in your preparations, but have you tasted them all together in a recipe?
In addition to the mentioned benefits that this tea will bring you, it is useful to replace the consumption of infusions harmful to arthritis such as tea, coffee, and mate.
- 1.Beneficial and healthy properties of eucalyptus plants
- 2. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/249322327_Effect_of_Eucalyptus_Oil_Inhalation_on_Pain_and_Inflammatory_Responses_after_Total_Knee_Replacement_A_Randomized_Clinical_Trial Effects of eucalyptus oil after an inhaled knee pain in a clinical knee response:
- 3. http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.919.9042&rep=rep1&type=pdf Review of the potential health and bioactivity benefits of peppermint tea (Peppermint Peppermint L)
- 4. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3778045 / TRPM8 is the main mediator of menthol-induced analgesia in acute and inflammatory pain
Arthritis Tea Powerful Recipe, Arthritis Tea Powerful Recipe, Arthritis Tea Powerful Recipe, Arthritis Tea Powerful Recipe, Arthritis Tea Powerful Recipe