To detect if we have high blood pressure, it is essential to go to the specialist to carry out the relevant measurements. Subsequently, an improvement in our diet will help us control it
High blood pressure usually affects the elderly. Its causes are the result of harmful habits or behaviors such as:
- High consumption of alcohol and salt.
Although it can be prevented, there is always the risk of suffering it. To treat it, natural or home remedies are a good option, these are always within reach in case of any symptoms.
What is high blood pressure?
It is also known as hypertension. According to information obtained from the Mayo Clinic, there is an increase in the level of force in the circulation of blood through the blood vessels.
- The blood speed is higher than normal, causing major circulation problems.
High blood pressure is related to so-called bad cholesterol (LDL). It begins to be a problem from 55 years of age.
To prevent it, it is advisable to review the family history, since genetics plays a determining role in the appearance of this disease. This is stated in this study carried out by the National Institute of Genomic Medicine of Mexico.
What are the symptoms of high blood pressure?
The most common symptoms of hypertension include, according to this research carried out by the Universidad de Concepción (Chile):
- Nausea and vomiting
- Redness of the face and eyes.
- Blurry vision.
- Chest pain.
The best alternative is always to take a measurement to get out of doubt when faced with any strange symptoms. The apparatus used to measure tension is known as a sphygmomanometer.
- This gives the number of systolic pressure (the pressure of the blood in the arteries).
- Also the diastolic pressure (which is measured in the number of heart pumps).
The numbers obtained should be consulted with the doctor. This will analyze the results and indicate what is appropriate in your case.
How to prevent high blood pressure?
Hypertension has no cure, so prevention is the key in these situations. To avoid suffering from hypertension, it is recommended:
- Decrease salt intake and exercise frequently. This study by the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile emphasizes the first point, as it is of special relevance.
- These practices markedly improve cardiovascular capacity.
- The Complutense University of Madrid recommends in this study to adopt a balanced diet rich in vegetables and fruits.
- On the other hand, tobacco and alcohol consumption must be eliminated or at least decreased.
Natural remedies to treat high blood pressure
Natural remedies are always a good option to treat high blood pressure. This is of great importance because symptoms sometimes occur without warning.
- A hypertensive person should always have something on hand to treat their condition.
Next we will tell you about some very effective remedies.
The garlic can reduce blood pressure, according to the study conducted by the Universidad Peruana Cayetano Heredia (Peru). It has antioxidant properties and is a powerful antimicrobial, according to this study carried out by the Technological Institute of Oaxaca (Mexico). With it, you can prepare various home remedies.
- It is recommended to consume garlic regularly. Therefore, it is ideal to have a container of peeled garlic in the fridge.
- Instead of swallowing or chewing the garlic clove, it can be placed in a glass of water and left there overnight.
- That water can be mixed with lemon juice, to drink it on an empty stomach.
2. Smoothie of parsley and lemon
This remedy is believed to prevent hypertension. However, there is no scientific evidence to support this claim. If you still want to try it:
- A whole lemon with parsley should be liquefied and taken on an empty stomach.
- Another method is to drink the lemon juice with warm water in the morning.
Consuming oats can lower cholesterol, according to this study by the Quadram Institute Bioscience. In addition to fighting hypertension, it would contribute to the regulation of blood flow.
- To use it, you must boil water, add the oats, and let the mixture rest.
- At least one liter of this water should be taken daily.
Magnesium chloride can be found in foods like beets or nuts. This is used as a specific treatment for tension.
You can also get it in pharmacies and health food stores.
- When preparing it, use 1 liter of boiled water and add (33 g) of magnesium chloride (2 tablespoons) and then mix them.
- It is recommended to drink a small glass on an empty stomach daily.
- This method is preventive, since, according to this study carried out by the Las Condes Clinic (Chile), the deficiency of this mineral in the body increases the risk of hypertension .
This study by the Rovira and Virgili University states that beets are beneficial for the treatment of hypertension. In addition to magnesium, this vegetable, also known as beets, contains potassium, iron, sodium, calcium, phosphorous, and zinc . Consuming it frequently brings many benefits to the body.
Thanks to its characteristics and its flavor, its consumption is simple. From adding it to a salad to making a smoothie. There are several ways to include it in the diet to take advantage of its properties.
- To combat hypertension, better results are obtained through the consumption of beet juice.
- You just have to boil it, liquefy it, and drink the mixture.
High blood pressure can lead to many complications in your health, so take steps to prevent it.
Do not forget that you should also consult a specialist to give you a proper diagnosis.
you may also like this: