10 most effective natural remedies for arthritis are:
- Flax, sesame and pumpkin seeds. There is an interesting study in which subjects took a mixture of ground sesame seeds , flax seeds and pumpkin seeds every day for 3 months . At the end of the study, markers of inflammation were reduced by 51-79% (4) .
- Turmeric. There is evidence that turmeric can relieve pain and inflammation in the joints.
- Ginger. Ginger extract has been proven to be as effective as ibuprofen and COX-2 (5) . In a 2012 study, specialized ginger extract reduced the inflammatory response in arthritis as effectively as steroids (6) . Earlier studies showed that taking one extract four times a day reduced pain in knee osteoarthritis after three months of treatment, and another, taken twice a day, worked the same way as ibuprofen taken 3 times a day for pain with osteoarthritis . Moreover, even with topical use of ginger, in only 7 days the pain decreases to 48% (7) .
- Rosehip. Rosehip powder reduces inflammation by inhibiting the production of inflammatory proteins and enzymes, including COX-1 and COX-2. A 2008 meta-analysis of three clinical trials showed that rosehip powder reduced pain in the hips, knees, and wrists by about a third in nearly 300 patients with osteoarthritis (8) .
- Bromelain. Bromelain reduces pain and swelling of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, and also increases mobility (9) . One study in patients with osteoarthritis showed that taking a digestive enzyme supplement containing bromelain helps relieve pain as effectively as conventional arthritis medications such as diclofenac (10) . The record holder for bromelain products is pineapple.
- Omega 3. Omega-3s block inflammatory cytokines and prostaglandins and are converted by the body into powerful anti-inflammatory chemicals called resolvins. EPA and DHA have been carefully studied for dozens of inflammatory conditions. A 2010 meta-analysis showed that fish oil significantly reduced joint pain in patients with arthritis and reduced or completely eliminated the use of NSAIDs (11) .
- Unsaponifiable Avocado and Soybean Oil (ASU). ASU prevents the destruction of synovial cells in the joints, and restores normal connective tissue. A large three-year study published in 2013 showed that ASU significantly reduces the progression of arthritis of the hip joint compared with placebo (12) . The drug Piaskledin 300 is currently registered. Also available as food additives: Avocado 300 Soy Unsaponifiables, Cosamin Avoca, Cartilast and others.
- Boswellia Serrat (Indian Incense). Boswellic acids have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, and also prevents cartilage loss and suppresses the autoimmune process in RA. In a 2008 study, extract, also known as loxin 5, significantly reduced arthritis pain for 7 days (13) . An Indian study also found that it slows cartilage damage after three months of use.
- Cat claw. Feline claw is an anti-inflammatory drug that inhibits tumor necrosis factor (TNF) – the goal of powerful RA drugs. A small study in 2002 showed that it reduced joint pain and swelling by more than 50% compared with placebo (14) .
- SAM-e (S-adenosylmethionine). SAM-e acts as an analgesic (analgesic) and has anti-inflammatory properties. It can stimulate cartilage growth, and also affects neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, which reduce pain perception. Two studies have shown that it alleviates the symptoms of arthritis as effectively as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), with fewer side effects and a longer lasting effect (15) .
How effective are other methods?
- Tires, bonds and orthoses for fixing joints. Such orthopedic tires are worn on the hands, knees, elbows. They support the joints while moving. They can be worn every day, and they will facilitate your daily work, make it less painful. This is especially true for knee arthritis (the latest OARSI and ACR recommendations put them first for people with knee arthritis and advise most patients.)
- Balneotherapy. In 2014, OARSI first recommended bathing in hot mineral water, a visit to a mud bath and water massage as a method of relieving arthritis pain. “Several studies currently support water therapy to reduce arthritis pain,” says Dr. Macalindon.
According to a survey of participants in the Arthritis Foundation, the effectiveness of various procedures is: (16)
- Hot or cold compresses – 54%
- Weight loss – 42%
- Stretching muscles and joints – 36%
- Various over-the-counter ointments and patches – 35%
- Walking – 32%
- Swimming – 28%
- Other physical activity – 23%
- Kneecap – 23%
- Orthopedic shoes / stilka – 20%
- Long bath or Jacuzzi – 17%
- Yoga – 14%
Which doctor treats arthritis?
Three doctors are involved in the treatment of arthritis at once:
Read this also:
- 7 drinks to relieve arthritis pain
- Diet for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Useful and Prohibited Products
- 6 Reasons to not drink Cow’s Milk which worsens your arthritis pain
You may also like this:
most effective natural remedies for arthritis,most effective natural remedies for arthritis,most effective natural remedies for arthritis